Bibliography on conspiracy theory
Many books on conspiracy theory have been published. Here is the small subset
that I have gotten recently and that have proven useful to me. They are arranged
alphabetically by author.
- Richard Belzer, UFOs, JFK, and Elvis: Conspiracies you don't have to be
crazy to believe. Ballantine, 1999.
- Gregory S. Camp, Selling Fear: Conspiracy theories and end-times
paranoia. Baker, 1997.
- Paul T. Coughlin, Secrets, Plots & Hidden Agendas. InterVarsity
- Jodi Dean, Aliens in America: Conspiracy cultures from outerspace to
cyberspace. Cornell, 1998.
- Mark Dery, The Pyrotechnic Insanitarium: American culture on the brink.
- A. Ralph Epperson, The Unseen Hand: An introduction to the
conspiratorial view of history. Publius, 1985.
- Mich Farren, Conspiracies, Lies, and Hidden Agendas: Our deepest secret
fears, from the Antichrist to the Trenchcoat Mafia. Renaissance Books,
- Mark Fenster, Conspiracy Theories: Secrecy and power in American
culture. Minnesota, 1999.
- Devon Jackson, Conspiranoia: The mother of all conspiracy theories.
- George Johnson, Architects of Fear: Conspiracy theories and paranoia in
American politics. Tarcher, 1983.
- Philip Lamy, Millennium Rage: Survivalists, White Supremacists, and the
Doomsday Prophecy. Plenum, 1996.
- George E. Marcus, Ed., Paranoia Within Reason: A casebook of conspiracy
as explanation. Chicago, 1999.
- Timothy Melley, Empire of Conspiracy: The culture of paranoia in
postwar America. Cornell, 2000.
- Doug Moench, The Big Book of Conspiracies.
- Daniel Pipes, Conspiracy: How the paranoid style flourishes and where
it comes from. Free Press, 1997.
- Daniel Pipes, The Hidden Hand: Middle East fears of conspiracy. St.
Martin's Griffin, 1998.
- L. Fletcher Prouty, The Secret Team: The CIA and its Allies in Control
of the United States and the World. Institute for Historical Review,
- Jenny Randles, The UFO Conspiracy. Barnes & Nobel, 1987.
- David T. Ratcliffe, Understanding Special Operations and Their Impact
on the Vietnam War Era. rat haus reality press, Santa Cruz, 1999.
- Steamshovel Press (various issues), St. Louis
- Kenn Thomas, Maury Island UFO: The Crisman conspiracy. IllumiNet,
- Kenn Thomas, Ed., Popular Alienation: A
Steamshovel Press reader. Illuminet, 1995.
- Kate Tuckett, Ed. The A–Z of
Conspiracy Theories. Summersdale, 1998.
- Robert Anton Wilson, Everything is Under
Control: Conspiracies, cults, and cover-ups. Harper Preennial, 1998.